Creating the wedding of your dreams regardless of your budget is completely doable! Your wedding decor is the largest component of designing your wedding so we want to help you figure out where and how to obtain all of the decor that will make your wedding:
- a true reflection of your personal style
- utterly fabulous
And by the way, affordable means whatever works for you and your budget. So let’s dive into this article and look at the simplest and most cost efficient ways to make your wedding decor happen.
5 Best Wedding Decor Resources
- Hobby Lobby or Michaels or JoAnn Fabrics (Okay, so that’s 3 resources in 1 but they’re all pretty similar!) Best local place to purchase crafty components for making your own decor. Think escort cards, table numbers/names, display table decor, decor to go along with your reception table centerpieces. Also, a whole lot of ready-to-go decor and signage you can purchase; no assembly required!
- Online Resources such as www.lightinthebox.com, www.theweddingoutlet.com, and www.save-on-crafts.com are fantastic websites to visit and gather your DIY supplies! Just be sure to order early, just in case you need to return anything because it’s just not “right”.
- Local Thrift Stores. Thrift stores are a great place to pick-up, china, sterling silver serving pieces and small furniture pieces you may want to use for your ceremony entrance, altar table, guest book table, etc. Pieces can be easily painted or refinished to create something completely transformed. But don’t try to take on too much when it comes to furniture. You don’t want to stress yourself out with too many DIY projects; keep it simple!
- Rentals, Rentals, Rentals. Well I had to be sure you are aware of providers such as our company Yours For Your Day. Specialty rentals are a great way to get the decor elements and furniture you need without the hassle of finding pieces to do yourself and then figure out what to do with all of them after the wedding!
- Craigslist offers a wealth of opportunity to find decor items you may need. Quite often, couples list various decor elements that they pulled together for their own wedding at amazing prices and with all of the “work” already done. But take heed! You may be that same couple in a few months having to do the same thing to get rid of all of those once-in-a-lifetime details you no longer have any use for!
There you go, a quick list of resources to get you started on designing your dream wedding. While this just scratches the surface, I’m hoping you can take these options and make them work for you!
But Wait, There’s More!!
I’ve got a few more resources to share in our current issue of the Yours For Your Day magazine. It’s the third issue in our Wedding Design series so get on over there to get even more details on where to find all of the wedding decor you need for the money you want to spend! Take care and happy planning!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our articles on Wedding Design; Keeping Peace Between Your Vision and Your Budget and Essential Wedding Decor; Designing Your “Best Day Ever” Our Yours For Your Day magazine also has companion issues to each of these articles with more great information available on wedding decor and design!